Ever since Audrey was about 2 or so, I've been taking her to mommy & me swim classes every summer "hoping" she will enjoy the water more. The swim classes never lasted more than 2-3 months because she was never able to get over the hump of putting her head in the water. She would be fine in the pool up to the "let's put your head in the water" part. Audrey would scream/cry and run away, I'd go chasing after her.
So this summer, we try again. This summer is different because she's older which means no more mommy & me classes. She has to go in on her own. Again, she starts out fine, but once the instructor puts her head under water, she freaks out and starts to cry. In and I have been telling her that she has to try and try and try and maybe she will get to liking it. Yeah, right.
Audrey had a huge breakthrough today. She didn't cry! She wasn't happy going in, she was still hesitant, but she didn't cry and she put her head in the water. She is so proud of herself, I am so proud of her too! She tells me that she tried and tried and now she kinda likes swimming. She was all smiles during the entire car ride home.
1 comment:
Go Audrey! And what a proud parenting moment N.
Post a Comment